This about sums it up.
Except that is completely wrong and you damn well know it.
There is a serious debate over games journalism focusing on advancing the careers of their friends and only reporting on fringe sociopaths is a serious issue or not. And that headline is just more proof to show that games journalism is corrupt and inept.
Things #GamerGate has done
- Asked for people presenting themselves as journalists in the games industry to follow a standardized journalism code of ethics.
- Asked for an apology for the horrendous ways games journalists have been treating their supposed consumer base.
- Rounded up considerable money for charity.
- Financially support a well-known and high profile fundraiser dedicated to created spaces in the games industry for women.
- Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that their consumer revolt consists of people of all sexes, genders and races.
- Convinced someone harassed by anonymous sociopaths supporting the anti-gamergate group to not commit suicide.
- Been attacked by Journalists because anonymous sociopaths exist who support gamergate, then get attacked again when pointed out that there are just as many anonymous sociopaths who support anti-gamergate.
So no. That headline sums up nothing factual.